Professional Visit Pass (PVP) in MalaysiaMany investors see Malaysia as a potential destination to build and expand their businesses. However, in order to do so, they must fulfill the necessary requirements mandated by law. One of the documents they need to obtain before conducting business in the country is the Professional Visit Pass (PVP).
What is a Professional Visit Pass?
The PVP is granted to foreign workers who meet the professional qualifications and have special skills to work in the country. With this pass, foreigners can enter the country and set up a business or undergo professional training under a Malaysian company for a limited time only. This temporary pass is valid for a maximum of 12 months (1 year) per issuance.
Malaysia’s Immigration Department works alongside relevant field authorities to review and assess the foreign worker’s applications before approving and issuing their passes. However, it is recommended that the foreign applicant seek a local sponsor through their company or institution to lodge their application on their behalf for a higher success rate.
Although the foreign worker will need to travel to Malaysia to work temporarily, they are still employed by their own company and follow their payroll schemes. If an extension is necessary, the worker must wait three months before applying for another Professional Visit Pass. Once granted, the foreigner can continue work within another 12 months.
Job Opportunities in Malaysia that are Qualified for a PVP
- Professional Speaker, Lecturer, or Professor
- Head or Assistant Researcher
- Technical Advisor
- Maintenance Expert
- Artist, Producer, Film Personnel, or other Screen-related professions
- Religious Worker
How to Apply for a Malaysian PVP
If you’re a foreign worker who wants to work in Malaysia, here are the steps you need to take for a successful PVP application:
- Before applying, the applicant must first check if their company is eligible for a PVP application. Once confirmation is made, they need to register through the ESD portal.
- Visit the ESD portal and log in using the company’s account. After entering the website, submit the application and wait for approval.